Click Column Header to Sort.
The Coordinator of Student Involvement is responsible for advising, developing, overseeing, and supporting the administrative, event planning, student travel, governance, policies and procedures and fiscal operations of student clubs and organizations. Additionally, the Coordinator of Student Involvement provides oversight and coordination of leadership development for the student workers of the Student Life Help Desk and student leaders of the student organizations and clubs. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required.
The main responsibilities include:
Advising and Coaching (60%)
- Advise the Student Organization Committee under the Student Government.
- Provide advising, guidance, leadership education, training, leadership coaching, organizational development, and conflict management assistance to student organization officers and leaders.
- Develop and facilitate student organization officer/leader training, education, and compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the student major event and travel application process.
- Develop fiscal policies, procedures and operations for student clubs and organizations.
- Provide training, resources, and advisement to the student workers of the Student Life Help Desk.
Program Management (20%)
- Manage the student club advisor program which includes the recruitment, training, communication, coordination and recognition to the club advisors (staff/faculty/outside professionals)
- Oversee the recruiting, coordinating work shifts, and recognizing the student workers of the Student Life Help Desk.
- Maintain the student club manual, event planning guide, advisor’s agreement, handbook, and guidelines for student leadership and organizational effectiveness.
- Support the New Club Development program and registration process for student clubs and organizations.
- Facilitate the student clubs and organization recognitions/awards program, keep records of all necessary materials/data of the student clubs and organization’s development and achievements.
- Assess program effectiveness, student satisfaction, and student learning outcomes for leadership development initiatives and student organization participation, events, and services.
Administrative Duties (20%)
- Collaborate with campus partners to best meet the service delivery needs and uphold the rights and responsibilities of student leaders and student organizations
- Manage student clubs and organizations’ expense reimbursement and supplies purchase.
- Develop innovative ways of collaborating with other NYU Shanghai departments to improve student events and programs overall.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs in the preparation of press releases and the arrangement of media coverage for student events.
- Collaborate with different student life functional unit to coordinate efficient basic services/answers to the students.
The Media Relations Associate is responsible for generating publicity for internal clients through a variety of unpaid media. S/he generates interest in programs and activities through email groups, online chat, online forums, and Internet press releases. Working in the Media & News Office, s/he generates bi-lingual news content on a weekly basis and pitches stories to editors of major press, e-zines, e-newsletters, and other online publications. S/he will promote online seminars, workshops, and events.
The ideal candidate works well as both a member of a team or a lead, and shows initiative in identifying opportunities and solving problems. We are looking for a self-starter, who is eager to learn, and fun to work with. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, who approaches projects with the end user in mind. S/he should be excited to work in an inclusive, fast paced, and energetic environment.
The main responsibilities include:
Content Production (40%)
- Generate publicity for campus events and activities
- Produce campus news content in English and Chinese for internal and external dissemination.
Media Relations (40%)
- Develop and manage productive working relations with Chinese and international media.
- Facilitate online media coverage, including fielding questions and pitching stories, writing press releases, preparing media kits and organizing press conferences;
- Regularly monitor the emerging online media trends and channels and constantly improve the current media relations strategies and practices;
Media Publicity (20%)
- Disseminate information to increase awareness and participation in the programs and activities of the university; Chinese and international unpaid online placements for publicity
- Work closely with theSenior Officer for Media and News to develop and implement a comprehensive online publicity strategy, consistent in Chinese and English, and in line with media outreach and marketing strategies;
The Emerging Media Program at NYU Shanghai and related majors are focused on exploring the expressive possibilities brought about by emerging forms of media, technology, and communication. Through a rigorous project-based curriculum Emerging Media students work with hardware and software to develop experimental physical and screen-based interactive works.
The students, faculty, and staff of the Emerging Media Program depend on the smooth operation of our technology and lab spaces to do their work. The Lab Technician will support all aspects of the Emerging Media Lab, electronics components, machines and lab resources etc. under the supervision of the Studio and Technology Operations Manager, to ensure a safe, efficient, and productive lab environment.
The Emerging Media Lab is mainly comprised of following spaces: the Main Studio, Classrooms, the Recitation Lab or “Lab Lab” as it is known, Equipment Center, Immersive Media Lab, Digital Fabrication Lab, Wood Shop, Digital Farm as well as various Teaching Prep Rooms, and Material Rooms.
The role of Lab Technician is to function as key partner for lab users and ensure an efficient, continuous operation of labs as well as daily equipment maintenance.
Under the supervision of Studio and Technology Operations Manager the main responsibilities of a Lab Technician are:
Daily Lab Operation Support(30%)
- Support the daily operation of the Emerging Media Lab from Monday to Friday during routine hours, as well as occasional additional events.
- Perform daily maintenance routines to ensure a safe, efficient, and productive lab environment.
- Respond to all user-requests as well as develop action plans to resolve the issues timely and effectively.
- Provide on-site technology support and services for lab and program-related events including lab supplies, equipment, critical sample storage, program level events etc.
- Interface with Facilities, Property Management and Public Safety for lab infrastructure, risk management and other internal departments for lab related requests etc. Act as a HSE coordinator in lab to ensure safety.
Equipment Management and Maintenance (35%)
- Support of the Emerging Media Equipment Center, system, equipment and related resources, and ensure the protection of lab equipment through oversight of regular maintenance.
- Report of the status of equipment and materials on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for the service, maintenance, and inventory of all Emerging Media equipment on a regular basis.
- Work with students and faculty in the training and use of equipment and resources.
- Develop and maintain guidelines and SOPs of using lab resources and equipment etc.
- Be responsible for the day to day support and maintenance of lab equipment. This includes, but not limited:
- Various electronics components, sensors, boards etc. (e.g. transistor, resistor, capacitor, connectors, motor, LED, diode, buzzer, breadboard, etc.)
- Digital media equipment (e.g. camera, light kit, tripod, shotgun, headset, etc.)
- Hand tools (e.g. soldering kit, helping hand, wire stripper, multimeter, etc.)
- Wood shop (includes saws, sander, drills, etc.)
Program-Related Procurement (10%)
- Assist in daily procurement needs.
- Process purchasing and maintenance of equipment and components etc.
Classroom Services and Support (15%)
- Maintain existing technology services and solutions (including classroom support, general equipment, etc.) as well as new services development.
Community Communication (10%)
- Work closely and cooperate with different departments as well as third party vendors to support / meet daily requirements of operations and courses. etc. Eg. Facilities, IT, Finance, Procurement, vendors, etc.
The Career Development Specialist serves as a professional coach by advising students in analyzing interests and skills and developing career goals for employment or graduate school. The Specialist will oversee career programs, assessment and marketing strategies and mentor and coach staff members. Additionally, the Specialist will support employer relations and job development to expand opportunities for students in China and around the world.
The main responsibilities include:
Career Coaching 40%
- Career Coaching: Provide students with professional, individualized career guidance and support. Advising topics include resume and cover letter writing, choosing a major & career, self-assessment, interviewing skills and exploring internship opportunities.
- Pre-Professional/Graduate School Advising: Refer students to appropriate resources for pursuing higher education. Develop connections with Academics, Faculty and other departments to support their graduate school preparation and applications.
- Career Resources: Review, develop and promote print and online resources including industry guides, skill guides, online tools, and other resources as needed.
- Mentor and train staff in their development as career coaches.
Assessment and Marketing 30%
- Utilize NYU Shanghai online platforms to gather and create reports for the overall usage of the Career Development Center.
- Gather best practices and assessment processes to implement when developing an overall audit of career-related activities.
- Manage and coordinate the data collection, analysis, and reporting of the annual surveys.
- Work closely with colleagues to develop marketing strategy and compose content for promoting the Career Development Center to students and other potential audiences.
Event Management and Employer Relations 30%
- Collaborate with staff, faculty, alumni, student leaders, employers on strategic design and development of resources, programs, and effective partnerships.
- Design and implement career workshops and seminars to enhance student understanding of career path, career related skills and industry-specific job search information and processes.
- Work with the Career Development Center team to manage big events such as Career Fair, On Campus Recruitment Sessions, Employer Open House and other events.
- Work with the Career Development Center team to research industries and job opportunities in different regions around the world to better support the diverse student body.
The Senior Associate for Graduate Admissions will perform general admissions work: attracting, selecting and enrolling students to NYU Shanghai graduate programs. The Senior Associate will manage and organize the marketing strategy of the graduate programs to prospective students, receive and process applications, issue admissions decisions, be responsible for customer relations, and ensure the success of NYU Shanghai’s whole graduate admissions operation.
The Office of Graduate and Advanced Education oversees the development and implementation of programs in master education, doctoral education, continuing and professional education, and other closely related non-degree programs at NYU Shanghai. The successful candidate will join the university during a time of significant anticipated growth in the OGAE and will have the opportunity to contribute in an impactful way to NYU Shanghai’s continued effort to become a leader in Chinese and international higher education.
The main responsibilities include:
- Oversee and lead the marketing plan of the admissions cycle, including digital marketing, CRM, surveys/analysis, advertising, customer service, information sessions on-campus, off-campus events, and yield.
- Develop marketing content, related manuals and materials for informational hand-out, email marketing campaigns, webinars, on-campus information sessions and off-campus events; and supervise and coordinate social media and SEM advertisement with other offices in NYU Shanghai.
- Develop application content and establish manuals for the CRM and application management system and preside over the on-going operations throughout the Admissions cycle.
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact for admissions inquiries and help shape the incoming graduate classes by evaluating applications and interviewing prospective students.
- Coordinate with relevant departments and schools, whether in New York or in Shanghai, to ensure effective and smooth admissions services.
- Coach the other graduate admissions team members and lead internal training sessions.
- Execute and manage other graduate admissions related assignments related to the marketing and operations of the programs.
- At all times be familiar and act in accordance with university and OGAE policies.
- Other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned in accordance with OGAE needs.
The NYU Shanghai Registrar’s Office is seeking applications for a highly-motivated and service-oriented intern to join the unit. The position provides general administrative support for the Office of the Registrar. She/he will assist in ensuring that all administrative tasks are organized and completed on an as and when needed basis, and will assist in the day-to-day administrative functions and the delivery of a wide variety of programs within the office. A high degree of initiative and ability to achieve results is expected, as is the ability to work efficiently in a diverse and collaborative working environment.
- Provides general administrative support for the Office. Schedules appointments, maintains individual and/or department calendar.
- Produces student enrollment verifications and student transcripts.
- Prepares binders, organizes meeting materials, and creates presentation materials. Maintains office administrative forms. Performs other clerical duties: photocopies materials, processes forms, maintains office files and records, etc.
- Assists with working under the direction of the Registrar to maintain accurate online course lists and enrollment updates.
- Consults with office team on registrar issues as needed.
Associate, Research Institute will report to Senior Associate, Research Institute. S/he will act as Institute Staff to assist in daily operation of the Joint Research Institutes, and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of all Joint Research Institutes’ programs including conferences, distinguished lectures, summer programs, seminar series and other key initiatives for research institutes.
The main responsibilities include:
Provide administrative support to the Research Institute (45%):
- Act as Institute Staff for the Research Institute, execute administration for the Research Institute, including Institute seminars & visitors support, information collection and update, contact database maintenance, handle Institute related payments & procurements, and etc.;
- Support the promotion of Research Institute by focusing on institute news, faculty stories, research highlights, feature talk and etc., and produce contents based on information collected and desk based research.
Support the programs (conferences, distinguished lectures, summer programs, seminar series and etc.) sponsored by the Joint Research Institutes (45%):
- Assist in the planning, coordination and delivery of the programs, and contribute to the overall success of the Joint Research Institutes sponsored programs;
- Act as a liaison to administrative functions of the programs and work with co-workers, other departments and vendors on details of program delivery;
- Draft, translate and proof read program related materials, and conduct desk searches based on specific needs of the programs.
Support the team in daily administration (10%):
- Support the team in dealing with day-to-day administration management as necessary, e.g.: setting up meetings, taking meeting minutes, filing, drafting letters, and etc.;
- Gather information via desk based research/questionnaires and assembling reports as needed. Support the institute’s reporting commitments by collecting data as required;
- Provide interpretation and translation as required;
- Others tasks as assigned.
NYU Shanghai is seeking a design intern to help Career Development Center promote events, attract students and build brand image. The design intern will also support to design materials for student’s career related policies and development.
- Design banners, posters and flyers for events, workshops, career fairs and any other CDC activities.
- Design materials, documents and files for student’s career related policies and development.
- Adjust current documents to make the design consistent.
- Help to build up Career Development Center’s brand image.
- Assist to select art work to match new area of Career Development Center.
- Place design related orders.
The NYU Shanghai Career Development Center helps students prepare for the professional world ahead and secure a position that fits both their experiences and career aspirations. Career Development Center aims to provide comprehensive career guidance. We connect students to faculty, employers, alumni, and other organizations to help them achieve personal and professional success.
- Conducting research and collecting data about career related information, such as campus recruitment deadlines, industry news and so on.
- Searching and posting International Organization related internships and jobs on CareerNet at a regular basis; Do research work in the field of International Organization according to my request time to time.
- Supporting big events such as on-campus job fair, career fair, networking events, seminars, lunch lectures, panel talks and workshops logistically.
- Helping with marketing and branding by generating WeChat posting and taking photos and videos.
- Searching and organizing industry news and job opportunities.
- Maintaining and Updating news, photos and videos on social media, such as NYU Shanghai website and OrgSync.
- Managing office and conference room. Maintaining stationery and equipment.
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as daily copying, printing, newsletters writing.
- Organizing and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Supporting office administration such as purchasing, payment process document, copying, etc.
This position will directly report to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and play an integral part on Undergraduate Chinese Admissions team. Major responsibilities include Chinese undergraduate admissions outreach and application review, creating Chinese marketing materials and operating/updating social media platforms like WeChat/Weibo/QQ groups, supporting and coordinating department level events, etc.
The main responsibilities include:
Admissions Outreach and Application Review
- Visit targeted Chinese high schools across the country and represent & introduce NYU Shanghai to prospective students, parents, and teachers via information sessions;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with administrators/principals and raise the reputation and recognition of NYU Shanghai in targeted Chinese high schools by providing excellent customer service;
- Answer all kinds of questions from student and parents timely and effectively either face to face, via phone calls/email inquiries or on social media platforms;
- Assist in helping review Chinese applications which basically include common applications, high school transcripts and other supporting credentials.
Communications and Marketing
- Operate and update Chinese undergraduate admissions social media platforms on a frequent basis to strengthen the online presence and public image of the University: write, edit and release Chinese admissions related news/posts on WeChat/Weibo/QQ group notice, manage the QQ consulting groups and answer online inquiries on WeChat and Weibo;
- Utilize systems like MyEmma and SMS to send important newsletter/notice to students and parents;
- Work and communicate with different vendors to design, update and produce Chinese marketing materials such as brochures/viewbooks/posters/standing banners etc. each cycle;
- Collaborate with departments like University Communications for other projects such as Chinese admissions website translation and upgrade, outreach videos shooting, Chinese viewbook designing and printing, etc.
Other Ad Hoc Tasks
- Support, coordinate and participate in department level events such as Candidate Weekends, Admitted Students Weekend, open houses etc.;
- Other administrative tasks assigned by the supervisor.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.