Click Column Header to Sort.
The Senior Associate for Graduate Admissions will perform general admissions work: attracting, selecting and enrolling students to select NYU Shanghai graduate programs, in particular the university’s jointly offered MS programs with the NYU Stern School of Business. The Senior Associate will be part of a collegial and highly skilled team responsible for the following: development and execution of marketing strategy; receipt, processing, and review of applications; issuance of admissions decisions; customer relations; and ensuring the success of NYU Shanghai’s whole graduate admissions operation.
NYU Shanghai’s joint MS programs, in Data Analytics & Business Computing and in Quantitative Finance, were launched in Spring 2018. Since then, the programs have attracted worldwide interest and are poised to enroll their first cohorts in Summer 2019. For more information about the programs, visit stern.shanghai.nyu.edu.
The Office of Graduate and Advanced Education promotes educational initiatives beyond the undergraduate level at NYU Shanghai by overseeing the formation and management of master’s, professional, and doctoral education, and other closely related non-degree programs. The successful candidate will join the university during a time of significant anticipated growth in the OGAE and will have the opportunity to contribute in an impactful way to NYU Shanghai’s continued effort to become a leader in Chinese and international higher education.
The main responsibilities include:
- Oversee and lead the marketing plan of the admissions cycle, including digital marketing, CRM, surveys/analysis, advertising, customer service, information sessions on-campus, off-campus events, and yield.
- Develop marketing content, related manuals and materials for informational hand-out, email marketing campaigns, webinars, on-campus information sessions and off-campus events; and supervise and coordinate social media and SEM advertisement with other offices in NYU Shanghai.
- Develop application content and establish manuals for the CRM and application management system and preside over the on-going operations throughout the Admissions cycle.
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact for admissions inquiries and help shape the incoming graduate classes by evaluating applications and interviewing prospective students.
- Coordinate with relevant departments and schools, whether in New York or in Shanghai, to ensure effective and smooth admissions services.
- Coach the other graduate admissions team members and lead internal training sessions.
- Execute and manage other graduate admissions related assignments related to the marketing and operations of the programs.
- At all times be familiar and act in accordance with university and OGAE policies.
- Other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned in accordance with OGAE needs.
This is a full-time, permanent post reporting to the Director of Global Admissions Evaluation and Strategy for NYU, with accountability to the Director of NYU London. The position is located at NYU London. The post holder will work with the Director to develop admission strategies in order to meet the University’s global enrollment, recruitment and admission goals. This position will serve as a university resource on all matters related to the recruitment and evaluation of students living and educated outside the USA, and will deputize for the Director in his/her absence. The post holder will market NYU and will conduct outreach, relationship building, follow-up, and data capture activities for assigned countries. The post holder will play a strategic role in realizing the vision of NYU’s global network, by fostering strong relationships with target international schools and audiences.
This person travels throughout the year and extensively to schools, fairs, and universities, and counsels students, counselors and parents throughout the application process. This person will also manage a team of two admissions professionals based in New York City. The post holder will also serve on the international admissions committee for NYU Shanghai, including the review of applications for assigned regions. The successful candidate should have the right to live and work in the UK prior to appointment.
The main responsibilities include:
Responsibility 1 (25%)
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge on all non-U.S. education systems. Provide guidance and training on non-U.S. education systems to all other NYU admissions staff as needed. Develop and maintain in-house resources for the evaluation of international credentials.
Responsibility 2 (20%)
- Oversee application review process for all non-US applicants to NYU
- Conduct research and analysis of admissions data to ensure targets are met; compile and distribute data as necessary.
Responsibility 3 (20%)
- Manage team of two full time staff members, based in New York City. Work with leadership to identify and fill vacancies within team; identify, assign, and prioritize assignments within team; manage year-round performance evaluation process for team.
Responsibility 4 (10%)
- Oversee the verification process of final examination results and final high school transcripts for all non-US students
Responsibility 5 (10%)
- Develop a strategic outreach plan, and execute overall outreach to schools, counselors and students in the assigned regions. Represent NYU to prospective students at on-campus and off-campus recruitment events (school visits, college fairs, open houses, receptions, information sessions) across the assigned regions. Continually modify international recruitment strategies in assigned regions based on needs of the regions and of NYU.
- Increase exposure in selective secondary schools in the assigned regions, as well as those which send students to NYU’s peer institutions in the US and abroad.
Responsibility 6 (5%)
- Review applications and make recommendations for admission; participate in committee review
Responsibility 7 (5%)
- Continually assess the effectiveness of NYU’s non-U.S. outreach and analyze trends in enrollment. Make recommendations to the Director with regard to new initiatives, territories, and strategies.
Responsibility 8 (5%)
- Assist with the review of transfer applications for NYU New York as required.
- Additional responsibilities as identified by the Director of NYU London.
The Intern will mainly provide support to the talent team in recruitment process implementation, including but not limited to job posting, resume screening, interview coordination, social media (i.e. wechat account) management and etc. Occasionally this intern will also help with other teams on projects if needed.
The main responsibilities include:
- Independently manage the internship program, including hiring, on-boarding/offboarding process execution, maintenance of the intern database and tracking sheet, arrangement of intern files, communication with various departments on internship policies and guidelines and etc.;
- Help with job posting and interview arrangement for full-time position recruitment;
- Take care of the recruitment social media accounts including content design, production and publishing;
- Be responsible for other tasks assigned by the supervisor, or allocated by other functional teams.
Faculty Services Associates are key members of the Faculty Services Center overseen from the Office of Faculty Affairs. Each associate is assigned the responsibility to lead support needs to faculty members from a specific academic area, program or concentration. They will also collaborate with one another across team projects and cross-train in other areas to create a support structure that can both address complicated queries as well as solve simple standard issues quickly.
The main responsibilities include:
General Services to Faculty of Business
- Serve as On-boarding and Off-boarding faculty host and liaison to operational departments
- Prepare reimbursement and payment finance reports for faculty and their visiting academics
- Purchase equipment and supplies for faculty offices and research needs
- Arrange business travels for faculty and their visiting academics
- Arrange student worker hiring and payment for faculty
- Schedule faculty meetings, keep attendance and archive documents and meeting minutes as needed
- Provide primary logistical assistance to small-scale faculty-sponsored events (except for events initiated by Leadership, Office of Research or Centers).
- Support budget proposal, expense tracking and financial planning for faculty as requested under the guidance from Manager.
- Collaborate closely with other colleagues of Faculty Services Center to support team projects, and in times of low workload be prepared to support others’ overload needs, including but not limited to:
- Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Graduate and Advanced Education Programs
- Acquire general working knowledge of the duties covered from administrators for:
- Writing & EAP Program, Interactive Media Arts (IMA) Program, Chinese and Foreign Language Programs, Program on Creativity + Innovation
- Support Center for Business Education and Research on their projects and events as needed.
- Liaise with other operational departments (Finance/HR/Facilities/IT/Public Safety) and academic institutes/centers/programs to complete interdepartmental projects and events.
- Liaise with Legal, Compliance, Finance/Procurement and Leadership (as needed) to resolve complicated travel arrangements, purchases of goods and services, payments for academic collaboration projects, and special cases in violation of rules or policies.
Associate, Research Institute will report to Senior Associate, Research Institute. S/he will act as Institute Staff to assist in daily operation of the Joint Research Institutes, and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of all Joint Research Institutes’ programs including conferences, distinguished lectures, summer programs, seminar series and other key initiatives for research institutes.
The main responsibilities include:
Provide administrative support to the Research Institute (45%):
- Act as Institute Staff for the Research Institute, execute administration for the Research Institute, including Institute seminars & visitors support, information collection and update, contact database maintenance, handle Institute related payments & procurements, and etc.;
- Support the promotion of Research Institute by focusing on institute news, faculty stories, research highlights, feature talk and, and produce contents based on information collected and desk based research.
Support the programs (conferences, distinguished lectures, summer programs, seminar series and etc.) sponsored by the Joint Research Institutes (45%):
- Assist in the planning, coordination and delivery of the programs, and contribute to the overall success of the Joint Research Institutes sponsored programs;
- Act as a liaison to administrative functions of the programs and work with co-workers, other departments and vendors on details of program delivery;
- Draft program related marketing materials (including posters, booklets, and etc.) according to requirements of relevant stake holders;
- Draft, translate and proof read program related materials, and conduct desk searches based on specific needs of the programs.
Support the team in daily administration (10%):
- Support the team in dealing with day-to-day administration management as necessary, e.g.: setting up meetings, taking meeting minutes, filing, drafting letters, and etc.;
- Gather information via desk based research/questionnaires and assembling reports as needed. Support the institute’s reporting commitments by collecting data as required;
- Provide interpretation and translation as required;
- Others tasks as assigned.
Intern in this role should assistant HR Compensation and Benefit members with various matters, including daily office administrative task and out campus job. As an intern in HR, confidentiality is the most important thing to keep in mind.
- Support to apply for Shanghai Hukou for fresh graduate employees;
- Prepare materials for new staff/faculty's onboarding; deliver monthly tax receipt etc.
- Daily office routine work, such as tax exemption documents preparation, insurance data checkup, file room management etc.
- HR office or campus activity support, like team member’s birthday party or National Festival activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
The IT Helpdesk Support provides technical support to meet the IT needs of Office of Research and the Joint Research Institutes. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication, problem solving, initiative and judgment. S/he will also be responsible for coordinating IT resources on behalf of both Office of Research and the Joint Research Institutes. This position will require a rotation on weekly basis between ECNU and Pudong campus. S/he will report to the Coordinator, Office of Research.
Provide technical support for the Joint Research Institutes (55%)
- Support the day-to-day operation of JRI
- Serve as the IT-related contact point for institute faculty and members
- Coordinate IT resources on behalf of JRI
- Provide front-line IT support for institute members, such as set up, configure and troubleshoot network, computers, printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Support the use of audio-visual presentation equipment, video conferencing system, software and facilities, etc.
- Manage and maintain the electronic equipment owned by joint research institutes
- Set up and maintain the file server or other hosting service for research institutes
- Support institute programs and events to ensure smooth delivery
- Provide technical support during event planning/preparation period, and event onsite support
- Responsible for taping and video recording upon request, and managing the archive and backup of relevant audio and video materials
Provide technical support for the Office of Research (40%)
- Coordinate IT resources on behalf of Office of Research
- Provide day-to-day IT support for the office and IT orientation for new team members
- Responsible for purchasing, managing and maintaining electronic equipment and assets for Office of Research
- Responsible for information backup and archiving historical records for department shared folders
- Develop IT-related instructions, guidelines, SOPs as needed
Other tasks (5%)
- Other tasks as assigned
This position collaborates with technology staff in NYU Shanghai IT department to provide tier 1 desktop and audio-visual support throughout the NYU Shanghai community. Actively identify, develop, implement and support appropriate technology solutions for teaching, learning,research and administration activities; supports technology equipment, facilities in pudong academic building and dormitory area.
IT技术支持人员作为NYU Shanghai IT 团队一员，为NYU上海全校师生，职工，访客，访问学者，提供IT和多媒体设备技术支持服务，服务范围包括上海纽约大学浦东校区和学生宿舍区域，该技术支持人员能够积极推动IT的服务方式，软硬件解决方案升级，更新，并将自己的技术经验分享给整个团队，促进团队技术水平的提高。
Help foster a responsive and adept technical support structure to promote the effective use of technology in teaching, learning,research and administration activities;work both individually and as part of IT support team; have a specialty area such as presentation technology, computer administration, sound engineering etc. Supervise the activities of audio-visual vendors.
Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
The main responsibilities include:
Manage audio-visual system in classrooms (50%) 管理教室多媒体设备
- Daily maintenance and service of audio-visual presentation equipment, digital media equipment and software in classrooms 教室多媒体设备和软硬件每日维护和管理
- Supervise and implement classrooms’ weekly,seasonal preventative maintenance check 安排和参与教室每周，和每个季度的巡检
- Analyze and diagnose audio-visual presentation equipment issues, and initiate appropriate client response and technical corrective action 分析和修复系统软硬件问题，并及时通知提出需求的用户。
- Help install new audio-visual and digital media systems and equipment 协助教室新设备的安装
- Coordinate the repair of audio-visual equipment with external vendors; reconnect equipment after repair work has been completed. 与外部供应商协调和安排多媒体设备的修复，并确保设备修复后系统还原良好
- Participate in the research, evaluation and selection of new audio-visual presentation and digital media technologies. 参与多媒体设备的选型，更新，测试，运行
- Propose technical solutions to improve the audiovisual system in classrooms 对多媒体设备优化提出合理化建议
- Create, update and maintain media system user documentation 创建，更新和维护多媒体用户手册
- Manage the media monitoring system, all classrooms and conference rooms’ media control system profiles and system drawings 管理多媒体监控软件，并管理和更新多媒体中控软体和系统图
- Assist to manage and maintain the audio-visual assets records in classrooms 协助管理和更新多媒体资产列表
- Participate on special projects as directed 参与与工作相关的项目
Provide technical support for university events, teaching and learning activities (30%) 支持学校大型学术活动，会议。
- On call to provide instant technical support for events, teaching and learning activities 立即响应和支持学校大型学术活动和会议
- Train and assist faculty, students and staff in the use of audio-visual presentation equipment,video conferencing system, software and facilities 协助和培训教职员工使用多媒体/视频会议硬件设备，以及相关的软件
- Support and train faculty in the use of recording equipment, video transfer and editing software & tools 支持和培训老师如何使用录音设备和编辑软件
- Advise faculty, students and staff on the selection of classroom space, IT equipment and technical best practice for university events 协助老师，学生和教职员工选择合适的设备，场地，技术实现方式用于举办大型活动
- Communicate effectively and politely with peers and clients 与客户有效和礼貌的沟通
Provide tier 1 desktop support for faculty, staff and students (20%)
- Rotate with peers to cover the IT client service center front desk to support walk in patrons; answer a variety of IT inquiries and provide first line desktop support and troubleshooting 与IT同事轮班负责IT前台， 回答到访用户的提问，并提供一线技术支持
- Assist end-users to resolve hardware and software issues reported through the help desk ticketing system 协助用户解决软硬件问题，并更新派单系统
- Process incoming tickets and log issues to IT ticketing system within service level agreement period 在服务响应时间内及时处理通过派单系统分配的任务
- Expand a wide range of knowledge in IT service category and standard operation procedure;play a backup role during the absence of the other IT support staff 不断熟悉和了解IT服务范围和标准服务流程
This position coordinates, delivers, and assesses the effectiveness of all academic-support services for students. As part of that role, the individual trains, supervises, and mentors Global Writing & Speaking Fellows, high-achieving recent graduates who serve as full-time tutors and mentors. This individual also oversees other peer-to-peer learning initiatives and supervises the Manager of Tutoring & Academic Skills. This individual designs and implements plans for students who are at risk, and oversees the Academic Support Program for students on academic probation or warning. This individual serves as the offices liaison to deans, area leaders, and faculty across academic disciplines, as well as other administrative offices. Working closely with offices in New York, this individual also serves as the Shanghai liaison for students granted academic accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title IX.
The main responsibilities include:
Academic Support & Peer-to-Peer Learning (65%)
- Academic Support and Enrichment Planning & Program Creation: Engage in strategic planning regarding academic support services at the university; liaise with faculty and administrators to identify and respond to student need for academic support; design, coordinate, and implement existing and new programs and services that support students’ academic success.
- Peer-to-Peer Learning: Provide direction and oversight for Learning Assistant program, which recruits and trains students to provide course-specific peer tutoring. Hire, train, and mentor Writing & Speaking Fellows, who join NYU Shanghai for a 10-month fellowship experience in international higher education; develop Fellow work assignments, coordinate workloads, and liaise with staff and faculty in other departments to design institutional enrichment projects for Fellows. Hire, train, and mentor Writing & Speaking Learning Assistants.
- Academic Support for At-Risk Students: Oversee Academic Support Program (ASP) for students on academic probation or warning; train and mentor ASP mentors. Design and implement communications to and academic support plans for students identified as at risk through faculty early-alerts, midterm grades, or final grades.
- Academic Orientation for New Students: Working with Student Affairs, as well as faculty teaching in the Writing Program and teaching Global Perspectives on Society, NYU Shanghai’s first-year seminar course, develop, coordinate, and evaluate academic orientation for new students.
- Academic Standards and Integrity: Create, implement, and assess programs that build a culture of academic integrity. In collaboration with Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, develop and oversee developmentally oriented responses to minor academic integrity infractions.
Academic Accommodations (15%)
- Facilitate the registration and implementation of academic accommodations for students with disabilities
- Serve as primary liaison with the NYU Moses Center for Students with Disabilities in New York.
- Remain current and serve as campus specialist on relevant laws and interpretations regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title IX.
- Coordinate with Shanghai Health and Wellness supporting struggling students holistically
- Hire, train, and supervise Manager of Tutoring & Academic Skills
- Hire, train, and supervise Global Writing & Speaking Fellows
- Collaboratively with Manager of Academic Associates, supervise associates who support the ARC and assessment
- University service: Serve on several university committees.
- Budget: Manage ARC budget and financials.
- Other projects as assigned.
The NYU Shanghai library is seeking applications for a highly-motivated and service-oriented intern to join the unit. This is an opportunity for an individual who is seeking experience in an academic setting, and would appreciate the chance to work on research projects.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assist in getting citation reports from external agencies
- Respond to queries in person, by telephone and online
- Serve as backup to other library staff as needed, e.g., working at the information desk, checking materials in and out, shelving books, etc
- Support Librarians in developing reading list and other special projects
- Assist with planning and coordination of library outreach programs and special events
- Other duties as assigned
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.