This position undertakes coordination in the areas of Global Awards and experiential learning projects under the Department of Academic Affairs. The position has two reporting lines.
In the area of Global Awards, the Coordinator works with the Director of Global Awards to administer campus committees and prepare students for international competitions, with a focus on underclassman student development. The coordinator will be responsible for organizing information sessions, organizing and hosting application and leadership development workshops, and liaising with faculty and colleagues in the Career Development Center to support students for awards including (but not limited to) Fulbright, Gates Cambridge, Rhodes Scholarship, Schwarzman Scholars, Yenching Academy and more.
In the area of experiential learning, the Coordinator works for the Office for Community Engaged Learning to develop academically-relevant experiential learning trips and activities for faculty and students.
The main responsibilities include:
- Program Support and Student Advising
- Research, learn and integrate best practices in fellowship advising and the wider landscape of global higher education funding across nationalities
- Work with departmental colleagues to develop curated lists of field-specific academic research opportunities, scholarships and programs
- Coordinate with the Career Development Center and Center for Office for Community Engaged Learning to organize academic leadership and development programs for fellowship candidates.
- Hold office hours and on-campus support for fellowship candidates, particularly with underclassmen at the intake and scholar development level.
- Internal Communications and Faculty/Staff Liaisement
- Initiate meetings with departments and faculty to advertise relevant academic, language-based and service opportunities, via a Faculty Committee.
- Collaborate with a Writing and Speaking Fellow on info sessions and events.
- Communicate with external contacts and partners, including scholarship bodies and local fellows, to host info sessions and events on campus.
- Update and maintain the Global Awards webpages and online information.
- Administration and Academic Systems
- Create and maintain relevant systems for advising appointments and maintain records of student contact and alumni recruitment.
- Assist in processing relevant transactions and reimbursements.
- Collect and analyze metrics related to student meetings, applications and awards
- Undertake related projects analyzing broader academic practices and outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
- Consult with and assist faculty in the process of developing and implementing academically-centered experiential learning trips for undergraduate students.
- Plan and execute operational logistics and chaperoning of experiential learning trips, including training other chaperons, and managing budget and expenses.
- Provide training and resources for faculty and students to enhance the instructional design, preparation, and learning for experiential learning trips and activities.
- Other curriculum and operations projects as assigned.