The Residential Life Program Coordinator is a full-time, university staff position who will work with different function units within student life office to provide comprehensive programs and support to students in residence. The coordinator will act of the first point of supervision for all needs of one assigned tower in NYU Shanghai Residence Hall Systems, including but not limited to supervision of relevant Resident Assistants and attending to all needs of the residential community.
Campus Living Support 40%
- Serve as the residence hall director for assigned hall, supervising 6-15 Residence Assistants(RA). Participate in the RA selection and training. Have regular meetings with RA and conduct RA performance evaluation.
- Provide holistic supervision of the residence hall; providing support to students in building, handling all facility related issues, and hearing tower specific conduct cases.
- Oversee assigned residential hall programming.
- Collaborate with on and non-campus residence hall management team to ensure housing facilities are well maintained. Serve as chief liaison with on and non-campus management team on all issues.
- Manage housing invoices and ensure appropriate payments are facilitated.
- Collaborate with Residential life team to provide housing programs and support to short term students.
- Manage all outside vendors hired to do work on the Residence Hall.
Office Administration 20%
- Communicate regularly with Facilities staff and provide updates and feedback to the Office of Residential Life professional staff.
- Manage Residential Life financials through Workday.
- Receive incoming student questions and offer general assistance to students.
- Support campus partners through serving on committees and providing support for various Residential Life and/or Student Life initiatives.
- Provide administrative support to other Residential Life Staff members as needed.
Residential Life 30%
- Attend all Residential Life meetings and all staff meetings.
- Assist in the management of the housing system for the on and non campus residence. This includes: housing applications, housing assignments, room changes, and billing.
- Run report and data management to assist with strategic and data driven decision making.
- Assist on any Residential Life projects as necessary.
- Work to improve the overall level of programming and marketing. Encourage collaborative and cross unit programs.
- Improve residential life digital image and materials.
Crisis Response 10%
- Handle student crisis situations during office hours as needed.
- Interpret university policies and guidelines.
- Manage crisis response follow up as it pertains to on and non-campus students.
- Ensure the proper training and performance of the RA team to handle crisis response.