Faculty Services Associates are key members of the Faculty Services Center overseen from the Office of Faculty Affairs. Each associate is assigned the responsibility to lead support needs to faculty members from a specific academic area, program or concentration. They will also collaborate with one another across team projects and cross-train in other areas to create a support structure that can both address complicated queries as well as solve simple standard issues quickly.
The main responsibilities include:
- Serve as On-boarding and Off-boarding faculty host and liaison to operational departments;
- Serve as the logistics coordinator for Tenure/Tenure-Track faculty recruitment visits;
- Prepare reimbursement and payment finance reports for faculty and their visiting academics;
- Purchase equipment and supplies for faculty offices and research needs;
- Arrange business travels for faculty and their visiting academics;
- Arrange student worker hiring and payment for faculty;
- Schedule faculty meetings, keep attendance and archive documents and meeting minutes as needed;
- Provide primary logistical assistance to faculty-sponsored events (except for events initiated by Leadership, Office of Research or Research Centers);
- Support budget proposal, expense tracking and financial planning for faculty and academic programs as requested under the guidance from Manager;
- Other tasks as assigned by faculty/academic area and approved by Manager.
- Collaborate closely with other colleagues of Faculty Services Center to support team projects, and in times of low workload be prepared to support others’ overload needs.
- Liaise with other operational departments (Finance/HR/Facilities/IT/Public Safety) and academic institutes/centers/programs to complete interdepartmental projects and events;
- Liaise with Legal, Compliance, Finance/Procurement and Leadership (as needed) to resolve complicated travel arrangements, purchases of goods and services, payments for academic collaboration projects, and special cases in violation of rules or policies.