The Grants Coordinator supports the Pre-Award team (Office of Research, NYU Shanghai) in providing support and training to research investigators in their pursuit of research funding from Chinese sponsors. She/he provides service and support to investigators in identifying and disseminating grant opportunities, facilitating the development of grant proposal and coordinating internal review process. She/he also liaises with investigators, external sponsors, and internal post-award administrators on award acceptance, contract signing and grants reporting. The Grants Coordinator will report to the Pre-Award Manager at NYU Shanghai.
The main responsibilities include:
Identify, disseminate, and track funding opportunities (25%):
- Identify and track funding opportunities and ensure that funding opportunity announcements are brought to the attention of faculty and researchers to whom they are relevant;
- Maintain funding opportunity database to collect accurate information of funding opportunities;
- Review and interpret program guidelines (including complex eligibility requirements) of various grants;
- Follow up with individual requests from faculty regarding funding opportunities.
Facilitate the development of grant proposals and coordinate internal review (50%):
- Provide advice and guidance to investigators on the application of grant, funding policies, regulations, and procedures;
- Interact with faculty and administrative staff to ensure timely submission of grant proposals, in accordance with the needs of the research plan, and agency and University requirements.
- Gather needed documents and ensure that all applications are formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements and University guidelines.
Liaise with stakeholders on award acceptance, contract signing and post-award reporting (20%):
- Liaise with sponsors on administrative reporting (such as progress reporting and award close-out reporting)
- Coordinate with post-award on the financial portion of the reporting.
- Record and track proposal activities and achievements and other metrics, and develop reports to provide management insights on research as requested;
Other tasks (5%):
- Maintains currency of knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations and procedures;
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.