The Research Coordinator will support the Office of Research’s research functions, in particular research compliance. She/he will assist in updating and translating research related guidance and guidelines, and record and maintain minutes for research compliance related meetings. She/he will also support the human subjects research protection program to ensure completion of IRB review process prior to conducting research at NYU Shanghai. She/he may be assigned to support other research functions when needed.
The main responsibilities include:
IRB Applications (50%)
- Act as a point of contact for inquiries into the research compliance office and provide information on the status of studies, with some ability to cite relevant regulations, policy requirement and advice regarding what may be needed for IRB review and forwards more complex issues to the senior members for resolution;
- Intake of IRB applications and conduct administrative review of protocols to ensure overall protocol completeness and to ensure appropriate protocol routing; may conduct pre-review of less complex protocols as assigned;
- Responsible for tracking IRB applications and other relevant activities and metrics, and developing reports to provide management insights on research as requested;
- Learn and become familiar with all relevant aspects of human research protection at NYU Shanghai; and maintain currency of knowledge of evolving regulations, policies and ethical norms that are applicable to human research activities through continuous professional development;
Research Compliance and Quality Assurance (35%)
- Coordinate and attend research compliance related meetings; record and maintain meeting minutes and translation may be required;
- Assist in organizing research compliance related training sessions to researchers;
- Maintain and conduct routine monitoring of NYU Shanghai IRB approved human research projects;
- Assist in internal audit of ongoing human research projects for quality assurance;
Other Research Functions Support (15%)
- In conjunction with senior members in the Office of Research, update and translate research related guidance and guidelines;
- Other tasks as assigned.