This full-time, university staff position will focus on supporting students as they transition to university life, and developing programs that foster mutual understanding and intellectual exchange between students, faculty and staff with the goal of building a more cohesive campus climate. The ideal candidate must be a committed advocate for the advancement of multicultural organizational development, civil discourse and a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide mentorship and support to students at risk, including first generations students, and students returning from leave.
- Oversee student leadership development and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Engage campus partners, including Academic Faculty Affairs and The Center for Teaching and Learning to develop workshops, training materials and other educational resources that advance integrity, respect, responsibility and engagement, campus wide.
- Develop and maintain a trackable assessment system to evaluate the effectiveness of university wide initiatives.
- Support the development of culturally appropriate educational programs in areas of health and wellness, sexual misconduct and healthy workplace environment.
- Oversee the design of first year programming initiatives including orientation and Freshman Year Dialogue
- Support the Office of Global Awards in identifying and developing student leaders.