The Faculty Recruitment Coordinator (“Coordinator”) reports to the Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs. The Coordinator position will also work closely with the Office of Provostial Initiatives (OPI) in NY on Tenure and Tenure Track faculty recruitment and other Provost supported projects.
The Coordinator supports the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) with the following: (1) administrative aspects of recruitment of all Full Time Faculty, including management and coordination of candidate on-campus visits, coordination with Dean and their Senior Assistants; (2) management and coordination of new faculty orientation; (3) providing general administrative support to the Assistant Director of OFA in Shanghai.
The Coordinator supports the Office of Provostial Initiatives (OPI) in NY with the following: (1) maintaining online databases, folders, and templates for Shanghai process and procedure; (2) maintaining travel agreement process between campuses; (3) providing local China visa invitation letter support for candidates coming to Shanghai; (4) regular meetings with colleagues and reviewing process for improvements.
The Coordinator’s daily responsibilities will vary and are tied to the academic calendar. The position also supports the Provost’s Office in ad-hoc project needs as they relate to faculty data review.
The main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of Tenure/TT candidates visits to Shanghai and related follow up with relevant NYU Shanghai personnel, including acting as primary contact for candidate, overseeing the scheduling, tracking, communication and logistical needs of the candidate, collecting feedback from existing faculty and compiling candidate’s confidential performance evaluation.
- Responsible for compiling and provision of accurate information about benefits such as housing, schooling, visas, health insurance, and other aspects of moving to Shanghai for international and Chinese faculty candidates.
- This position will work very closely with the Deans of each Academic Area and is responsible for training and coordinating with the Dean’s Senior Assistants in areas related to recruitment of all other full-time faculty hires or overload recruitment support to ensure compliance with recruitment policies and procedures.
- Process recruitment related expenses; review other reimbursement submissions to ensure compliance with relevant University and recruitment expense guidelines; update budget sheets maintained by OPI for proper candidate expense tracking.
- Track and reconcile recruitment phone use, both for recruitment program and when loaned out to other departments, and ensure ongoing function of the plans by regularly liaising with IT.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordination of faculty orientation in both Fall and Spring semesters:
- Responsible for archiving all orientation materials in a central location following the events.
- Required to schedule and keep a timeline for the events in each semester ensuring timeliness and proper execution of events.
- Communicate with Provost’s Chief of Staff to secure orientation budget each fiscal year. Process all documents related to orientation events will maintaining budget documents for Provost office backup reconciliation.
Research Support Personnel
- Keep up to date with SoP documents for Research Support Hiring, advising on the process when requested and working closing with the Manager of Academic Appointments.
- Support OFA in doing local due diligence on proposed hires before the offer is made.
- Provide additional recruitment support for PI hires to Manager of Academic Appointments as requested.
- Maintain inventory of recruitment and orientation materials; work with bookstore for branded items.
- Responsible for stocking office supplies and overseeing the general office needs of OFA, including supporting the department head in negotiating with vendors.
- Prepares reimbursements, travel authorizations, car and flight bookings for the OFA department head and for OPI colleagues that come to Shanghai as needed.
- Central location for the production of China visa invitation letters, for faculty guests related to recruitment, ensuring the data accuracy and appropriateness of the visit before sending to the Chancellor’s office for signature and chop (official stamp).
- Tracking of budget utilization for programs that are overseen by the coordinator for accurate reporting to Provost office cost center manager colleagues.
- Maintain all OFA relevant files in NYUBox in compliance with file formatting and style as requested by Assistant Director or OPI in NY.
- Support the Assistant Director in various other projects and needs under OFA