The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) at NYU Shanghai offers a range of courses for professionals, businesses, students, and the general public. Founded in 1934, New York University School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) is one of NYU's 19 academic units. Our in-depth expertise in international industry sectors that require an understanding of Western business practices and business English communication makes us the ideal choice for individuals and companies who want to get ahead. The NYU School of Professional Studies is based in New York and is committed to providing high-quality professional education at NYU Shanghai and around the world.
The Senior Associate for NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai will perform a wide range of clerical, secretarial, and general office duties, including some of a confidential nature. One of two senior associates reporting to the program manager, this person will have an outward facing role that focuses on outreach and communication between NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai and the public, the New York office, and NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai students.
The main responsibilities include:
- Program Recruitment and Outreach (30%)
- Assist in managing recruitment initiatives and outreach for prospective students, current students, and alumni.
- Clearly identify and track recruitment and outreach outcomes.
- Coordinate ideas with program staff to increase enrollment, in coordination with program courses and workshops.
- Maintain databases and spreadsheets used for outreach and other program-related items.
- Welcome visitors and students as needed.
- Answer calls and emails, in Mandarin and English, on the general NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai line and email accounts.
- Student Enrollment and Processing (30%)
- Handle application, registration, and payment process for students.
- Process application cancellations and course changes as needed.
- Coordinate as necessary with colleagues at NYU Shanghai and NYUSPS in New York to resolve system issues as they arise.
- Program Delivery Support (20%)
- Assist in managing the design and implementation of the student orientation.
- Help design and administer program evaluation surveys.
- Coordinate text book orders and maintain inventory of stock on site.
- Help with onboarding and supporting new adjunct faculty as needed.
- Advising and Coordination (20%)
- Help prospective and continuing students understand course offerings, levels, and schedules and work with other NYUSPS Shanghai staff and faculty to advise students on course selection to meet their individual learning needs.
- Provide general administrative support where needed.
- Maintain regular communications with the NYUSPS Shanghai and New York teams through debriefings.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise with the NYUSPS at NYU Shanghai program manager and/or academic director.
- Attend occasional (4-6 times per year) virtual meetings outside of normal working hours as needed with NYUSPS New York.