The Coordinator of Student Involvement is responsible for advising, developing, overseeing, and supporting the administrative, event planning, student travel, governance, policies and procedures and fiscal operations of student clubs and organizations. Additionally, the Coordinator of Student Involvement provides oversight and coordination of leadership development for the student workers of the Student Life Help Desk and student leaders of the student organizations and clubs. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required.
The main responsibilities include:
Advising and Coaching (60%)
- Advise the Student Organization Committee under the Student Government.
- Provide advising, guidance, leadership education, training, leadership coaching, organizational development, and conflict management assistance to student organization officers and leaders.
- Develop and facilitate student organization officer/leader training, education, and compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the student major event and travel application process.
- Develop fiscal policies, procedures and operations for student clubs and organizations.
- Provide training, resources, and advisement to the student workers of the Student Life Help Desk.
Program Management (20%)
- Manage the student club advisor program which includes the recruitment, training, communication, coordination and recognition to the club advisors (staff/faculty/outside professionals)
- Oversee the recruiting, coordinating work shifts, and recognizing the student workers of the Student Life Help Desk.
- Maintain the student club manual, event planning guide, advisor’s agreement, handbook, and guidelines for student leadership and organizational effectiveness.
- Support the New Club Development program and registration process for student clubs and organizations.
- Facilitate the student clubs and organization recognitions/awards program, keep records of all necessary materials/data of the student clubs and organization’s development and achievements.
- Assess program effectiveness, student satisfaction, and student learning outcomes for leadership development initiatives and student organization participation, events, and services.
Administrative Duties (20%)
- Collaborate with campus partners to best meet the service delivery needs and uphold the rights and responsibilities of student leaders and student organizations
- Manage student clubs and organizations’ expense reimbursement and supplies purchase.
- Develop innovative ways of collaborating with other NYU Shanghai departments to improve student events and programs overall.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs in the preparation of press releases and the arrangement of media coverage for student events.
- Collaborate with different student life functional unit to coordinate efficient basic services/answers to the students.