This position will directly report to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and play an integral part on Undergraduate Chinese Admissions team. Major responsibilities include Chinese undergraduate admissions outreach and application review, creating Chinese marketing materials and operating/updating social media platforms like WeChat/Weibo/QQ groups, supporting and coordinating department level events, etc.
The main responsibilities include:
Admissions Outreach and Application Review
- Visit targeted Chinese high schools across the country and represent & introduce NYU Shanghai to prospective students, parents, and teachers via information sessions;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with administrators/principals and raise the reputation and recognition of NYU Shanghai in targeted Chinese high schools by providing excellent customer service;
- Answer all kinds of questions from student and parents timely and effectively either face to face, via phone calls/email inquiries or on social media platforms;
- Assist in helping review Chinese applications which basically include common applications, high school transcripts and other supporting credentials.
Communications and Marketing
- Operate and update Chinese undergraduate admissions social media platforms on a frequent basis to strengthen the online presence and public image of the University: write, edit and release Chinese admissions related news/posts on WeChat/Weibo/QQ group notice, manage the QQ consulting groups and answer online inquiries on WeChat and Weibo;
- Utilize systems like MyEmma and SMS to send important newsletter/notice to students and parents;
- Work and communicate with different vendors to design, update and produce Chinese marketing materials such as brochures/viewbooks/posters/standing banners etc. each cycle;
- Collaborate with departments like University Communications for other projects such as Chinese admissions website translation and upgrade, outreach videos shooting, Chinese viewbook designing and printing, etc.
Other Ad Hoc Tasks
- Support, coordinate and participate in department level events such as Candidate Weekends, Admitted Students Weekend, open houses etc.;
- Other administrative tasks assigned by the supervisor.