The academic associate's primary role is to support faculty in their teaching and perform administrative tasks in the Academic Affairs office. Meanwhile, the associate will also work with offices both within and out of the Academic Affairs Department to plan and implement various academic programs as assigned.
The main responsibilities include:
- Work closely with offices within the Academic Affairs Department to design and implement workshops and other academic-related activities.
- Liaise with various campus offices to plan and execute co-curricular activities and other major academic initiatives.
- Assist with the implementing summer programs and special programs logistics as assigned.
- Respond to evolving needs within the Academic Affairs Office, taking on additional duties as needed.
Faculty Teaching Support
- Assist faculty with the procurement and dissemination of course materials, including course textbooks, copyright permissions for course packs, reference books, handouts, and software.
- Assist faculty with planning and arranging field trips and guest speakers.
- Assist faculty with other teaching-related logistic needs.
- Manage daily financial administration, including transactions, collection of financial receipts and distribution of cash advances for staff within the Academic Affairs Office.
- Manage and order office supplies.
- Collect and distribute mail.
- Monitor and maintain equipment.
- Assist with Academic Affairs communications such as newsletters and emails to faculty and students, as assigned.