The Senior Associate for Graduate and Advanced Education will be responsible for supporting the various affairs of the Office of Graduate and Advanced Education (OGAE), which oversees the development and operation of programs related to master’s education, doctoral education, continuing education, and other closely related non-degree programs at NYU Shanghai. At all times, he/she will need to be an effective advocate for graduate education within the NYU Shanghai community and embody the standard of excellence the university expects of its graduate initiatives.
The successful candidate will join the university during a time of significant anticipated growth in the OGAE and will have the opportunity to contribute in an impactful way to NYU Shanghai’s continued effort to become a leader in Chinese and international higher education.
- Support the ongoing, day-to-day operation of existing and future OGAE programs, with a special focus on doctoral and research fellowship programs
- Identify and implement programs to foster and promote intellectual and social community among the NYU Shanghai graduate student population
- Work to enhance teaching opportunities and programs aimed at professional development for NYU Shanghai graduate students
- Assist with process for securing Chinese Ministry of Education recognition of OGAE programs by drafting and preparing submissions
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for graduate student collaboration with other Chinese universities, including East China Normal University
- Support graduate student services through maintaining graduate student spaces on NYU Shanghai campus, developing student handbooks and manuals, drafting communications, and connecting students with resources
- Assist in maintaining the OGAE’s communications presence through developing content/features to highlight OGAE programs, students, and faculty for Wechat and website publication, among other channels
- Assist with graduate student admissions and recruitment initiatives
- Contribute to the organization and planning of key OGAE events, such as student orientations, commencement ceremonies, academic activities, and others
- Coordinate closely with other NYU Shanghai and NYU offices based in NY to ensure smooth operation of programs and to advocate for support of graduate students
- Serve as on-ground liaison and support for occasional short-term courses or programs offered at NYU Shanghai by NYU schools in New York
- Other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Assistant Dean of Graduate and Advanced Education