NYU Shanghai has an immediate opening for a laboratory technician to provide laboratory support. The lab technician will assist in maintaining, developing, and operating the laboratories of NYUSH as directed and will report to the Director of Laboratories.
The main responsibilities include:
Daily Laboratory Operations (30%)
- Interface with Facilities and Property Management for infrastructure
- Interface with ATS for teaching technology problems, updates and new
- Interface with Public Safety, EHS, Risk Management and other internal departments for lab related
- Perform other relevant lab support duties
Course Support (30%)
- Stock labs with required chemicals, reagent and equipment in advance.
- Be on-call when lab courses are in session and provide first-aid/CPR support for instructors in the event of accidents.
- Assist laboratory instructors in maintaining computers for laboratory courses.
Laboratory Maintenance (20%)
- Perform periodic checks on laboratory safety equipment (i.e. eyewashes, extinguishers, first-aid kits etc.) and ensure safety equipment is functional and fully supplied.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and chemical inventory and ensure adequate supplies for laboratories. Report supply deficiencies to Director of Laboratories and generate purchase orders when necessary.
Security and Safety (10%)
- Observe laboratory operations and bring any security and safety concerns to the attention of the Director of Laboratories.
- Assist in procurement of materials, supplies, and equipment needed for laboratories.
- Act as a central point of contact in Laboratories for a variety of activities such as the receipt of goods, the management of business processes, and is responsible for the accounting and bookkeeping of the Laboratories.