This position collaborates with technology staff in NYU Shanghai IT department to provide tier 1 desktop and audio-visual support throughout the NYU Shanghai community. Actively identify, develop, implement and support appropriate technology solutions for teaching, learning, research and administration activities; supports technology equipment, facilities in Pudong academic building and dormitory area.
Help foster a responsive and adept technical support structure to promote the effective use of technology in teaching, learning, research and administration activities; work both individually and as part of IT support team; have a specialty area such as presentation technology, computer administration, sound engineering etc. Supervise the activities of audio-visual vendors.
Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
The main responsibilities include:
Manage audio-visual system in classrooms (50%)
- Daily maintenance and service of audio-visual presentation equipment, digital media equipment and software in classrooms
- Supervise and implement classrooms’ weekly, seasonal preventative maintenance check
- Analyze and diagnose audio-visual presentation equipment issues, and initiate appropriate client response and technical corrective action
- Help install new audio-visual and digital media systems and equipment
- Coordinate the repair of audio-visual equipment with external vendors; reconnect equipment after repair work has been completed.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and selection of new audio-visual presentation and digital media technologies.
- Propose technical solutions to improve the audiovisual system in classrooms
- Create, update and maintain media system user documentation
- Manage the media monitoring system, all classrooms and conference rooms’ media control system profiles and system drawings
- Assist to manage and maintain the audio-visual assets records in classrooms
- Participate on special projects as directed
Provide technical support for university events, teaching and learning activities (30%)
- On call to provide instant technical support for events, teaching and learning activities
- Train and assist faculty, students and staff in the use of audio-visual presentation equipment, video conferencing system, software and facilities
- Support and train faculty in the use of recording equipment, video transfer and editing software & tools
- Advise faculty, students and staff on the selection of classroom space, IT equipment and technical best practice for university events
- Communicate effectively and politely with peers and clients
Provide tier 1 desktop support for faculty, staff and students (20%)
- Rotate with peers to cover the IT client service center front desk to support walk in patrons; answer a variety of IT inquiries and provide first line desktop support and troubleshooting
- Assist end-users to resolve hardware and software issues reported through the help desk ticketing system
- Process incoming tickets and log issues to IT ticketing system within service level agreement period
- Expand a wide range of knowledge in IT service category and standard operation procedure; play a backup role during the absence of the other IT support staff