The Business Application Analyst will support NYU Shanghai Information Technology application systems’ daily operation. Including Student Engagement Solution, Housing Application System, Campus Facilities Management tools, WeChat Enterprise Platform and etc. The position will need work with internal users to understand business process, will be trained of relevant application system and play the technical administrator role.
Besides application support, this position will also need handle a part web application development jobs. Mainly regarding to web service API integration, WeChat Enterprise Platform features development, local hosted application enhancement (coordinate with vendor) and etc.
The main responsibilities include:
Business Application Support (40%)
- Fully understand NYU Shanghai business department’s objectives and process
- Manage business application daily operation as system technical administrator
- Troubleshooting and escalate application issues as Tier II support
- Implement ITIL problem management process to continue improve NYU Shanghai business application availability, reliability and business efficiency
Web Application Development (40%)
- Leverage 3rd party web service API, such as Google, OrgSync, Service Link, to integrate with local hosted applications like WeChat, internal web portal and etc.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that produces visual elements of the application
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation and testing
- Collaborate with other application development team and 3rd party vendor to complete programming and enhancement tasks
Documentation and Knowledge Sharing (20%)
- Maintain technical documentations up to date
- Consolidate system workflow, data dictionary, knowledge base and other business application system documents during the whole application lifecycle
- Manage technical knowledge sharing with Tier I support team