Associate, Research Institute will report to Senior Associate, Research Institute. S/he will act as Institute Staff to assist in daily operation of the Joint Research Institutes, and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of all Joint Research Institutes’ programs including conferences, distinguished lectures, summer programs, seminar series and other key initiatives for research institutes.
The main responsibilities include:
Provide administrative support to the Research Institute (45%):
- Act as Institute Staff for the Research Institute, execute administration for the Research Institute, including Institute seminars & visitors support, information collection and update, contact database maintenance, handle Institute related payments & procurements, and etc.;
- Support the promotion of Research Institute by focusing on institute news, faculty stories, research highlights, feature talk and, and produce contents based on information collected and desk based research.
Support the programs (conferences, distinguished lectures, summer programs, seminar series and etc.) sponsored by the Joint Research Institutes (45%):
- Assist in the planning, coordination and delivery of the programs, and contribute to the overall success of the Joint Research Institutes sponsored programs;
- Act as a liaison to administrative functions of the programs and work with co-workers, other departments and vendors on details of program delivery;
- Draft program related marketing materials (including posters, booklets, and etc.) according to requirements of relevant stake holders;
- Draft, translate and proof read program related materials, and conduct desk searches based on specific needs of the programs.
Support the team in daily administration (10%):
- Support the team in dealing with day-to-day administration management as necessary, e.g.: setting up meetings, taking meeting minutes, filing, drafting letters, and etc.;
- Gather information via desk based research/questionnaires and assembling reports as needed. Support the institute’s reporting commitments by collecting data as required;
- Provide interpretation and translation as required;
- Others tasks as assigned.