The coordinator for student leadership development will partner with the Assistant Director of student life in an effort to engage student government, student clubs, and organizations and promote increased student engagement around campus for all members of NYU Shanghai community. This position will also focus on student leadership development by launching and developing student leadership camp, retreat and training programs. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required.
The main responsibilities include:
- Develops, promotes, and directs programs in student leadership training, developmental activities, and other programs enhancing students’ leadership.
- Provides advice and guidance to student government, registered student organizations. Implements training and development activities, and oversees organizations' compliance with university policies and procedures. May serve as a liaison between organizations and campus administrators.
- Collaborate with campus partners to best meet the service delivery needs and uphold the rights and responsibilities of student leaders from student government;
- Facilitate the Election Board application process and provide supervision to the election board to ensure a free and fair election for the new leaderships of the Student Government
- Maintain and refine policies, procedures and operations for the projects/programs initiated by Student Government;
- Assess program effectiveness, student satisfaction, and student learning outcomes for leadership development initiatives and student organization participation, events, and services;
- Advise and facilitate the student events organized by Event Committee under Student Government and manage travels regarding to Student Government; Advise student-run programming and facilitates the execution and logistics of contracts.
- Develop innovative ways of collaborating with other NYU Shanghai departments and NYU global campuses/sites to improve student projects and programs overall;
- Collaborate with Public Affairs in the preparation of press releases and the arrangement of media coverage for Student Government events;
- Support and assist in Student Life and other related University activities;
- Perform special assignments and projects as assigned.