The position plays a crucial role in fulfilling staffing needs to support NYU Shanghai’s development. S/he will mainly be responsible for and provide support in the implementation, management and development of all staff recruiting programs. Meanwhile, s/he will manage the on/off-boarding process for all NYU Shanghai employees and also take care of the HR system operations. There will be opportunities for him/her to take part in other HR collaboration activities and get exposure to comprehensive HR knowledge and practice.
The main responsibilities include:
Staff Recruitment (60%)
- Manage day-to-day activities of staff recruitment including staff and intern;
- Maintain positive, close and effective relationship with stakeholders, both internal and external, and be a reliable and helpful partner;
- Manage candidate evaluation and selection process, facilitate hiring decisions, and ensure sound communication with candidates and internal hiring managers;
- Actively take part in various recruitment projects when needed, such as internal employment opportunity program, and internship program, etc.;
- Maintain recruitment tracking sheets and prepare statistics to provide solid foundation for analysis and reporting;
- Constantly review the recruitment process and take initiatives to improve the practices for higher efficiency and effectiveness;
- Be a key contact person to work with global recruitment team at NYU;
- Work with external recruiting agencies on certain position recruiting when applicable;
- Participate in employer branding activities (e.g. social media, job fairs) and perform other duties as assigned.
On/off-boarding Management (20%)
- Coordinate on/off-boarding process for all staff members, communicating well with relevant internal teams (e.g. Facility, IT, Finance, etc.) as well as external HR service providers to make sure the procedures are well prepared and carried out on schedule;
- Work closely with Faculty Affairs on faculty on/off-boarding project, and coordinate with other HR teams on HR orientation set up to ensure smooth and effective on/off-boarding process;
- Set up new Personal Files for all joiners and update accurate data on tracking sheet for reporting purpose;
- Create and terminate NetIDs for all types of new staff joiners, leavers and contractors, and manage tracking records.
HR System Operation (15%)
- Manage the Workday (PeopleSync) system to keep accurate and timely data entry for new joiners, leavers, promotions, transfers and other cases with status changes;
- Participate in regular Workday Regression Test to ensure a smooth transition after each system upgrade;
- Work with HRIS constantly on improving/developing relevant business processes/functions in the Workday;
- Be proficient in using HR recruiting system (iCIMS) and generating reports for analysis;
- Help in the daily operation of HR Helpdesk (PeopleLink).
- HR operational work as assigned.