The Senior Associate for Study Away Programs has responsibility for all aspects of student life, including safety, cultural and community activities, acquisition of leadership skills, student conduct, and appropriate coordination for health and wellness issues. A key focus of this position is to ensure the effective delivery of high quality student support programs and co-curricular activities that meet NYU’s strategic goals. The Senior Associate is responsible for designing and supporting a holistic, equitable, and immersive learning environment. The senior associate will work closely with all other departments at NYU Shanghai in promoting the profile of NYU Shanghai in the broader community as well as internationally.
The main responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with student life units, plan, lead and develop programming initiatives to address the needs of the study away student population from New York and Abu Dhabi including immersion activities with a particular focus on understanding Shanghai and China.
- Organize workshops and presentations to ensure smooth transitions from semester-to semester for year-long students, as well as (re)entry into New York at the conclusion of students’ time in Shanghai.
- Coordinate with the Academic Coordinator to hold meetings with and send regular email newsletters to students, ensuring clear communication of announcements and reminders specific to their program
- Develop partnerships with local community groups and organize student service opportunities
- Collaborate with the NYU Global Programs to ensure students are prepared to transition to Shanghai during the admissions/pre-departure process
- Assist with other major Student Life initiatives as assigned, including but not limited to student ambassador selection and training, program-wide events, student arrival and departure processes, and program assessment
- Handle student crisis situations as needed.
- Serve as the coordinator for all non-academic components for winter and summer short term programs hosted at NYU
- Other duties as assigned