The academic associate's primary role is to support faculty in their teaching and perform administrative tasks in the Academic Affairs office. Meanwhile, the associate will also work with offices both within and out of the Academic Affairs Department to plan and implement various academic programs as assigned.
The main responsibilities include:
•Work closely with offices within the Academic Affairs Department to design and implementworkshops and other academic-related activities.
•Liaise with various campus offices to plan and execute co-curricular activities and other majoracademic initiatives.
•Assist with the implementing summer programs and special programs logistics as assigned.
•Respond to evolving needs within the Academic Affairs Office, taking on additional dutiesas needed.
Faculty Teaching Support
•Assist faculty with the procurement and dissemination of course materials, including coursetextbooks, copyright permissions for course packs, reference books, handouts, and software.
•Assist faculty with planning and arranging field trips and guest speakers.
•Assist faculty with other teaching-related logistic needs.
•Manage daily financial administration, including transactions, collection of financial receipts anddistribution of cash advances for staff within the Academic Affairs Office.
•Manage and order office supplies.
•Collect and distribute mail.
•Monitor and maintain equipment.
•Assist with Academic Affairs communications such as newsletters and emails to faculty andstudents, as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
• Experience with administrative and academic related support is preferred.
• Experience studying and working in a multicultural environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
• Excellent ability to pay attention to detail.
• Superb ability to prioritize among projects and multitask.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team.