NYU Shanghai Library is seeking an enthusiastic Instructional Videographer to join our Research and Instructional Technology Services (RITS) unit. Embedded in the NYU Shanghai Library, this unit supports technology integration in teaching, learning and research at NYU Shanghai. The unit also works closely with its counterparts in NYU New York and NYU Abu Dhabi.
The Instructional Videographer will be primarily responsible for production and post-production of a range of instructional video modules for both online and blended learning as well as bespoke and flipped classroom instructional video modules. The instructional videographer will edit and produce video as well as manage studio equipment and contribute to video production workflows.
The main responsibilities include:
- Plan production and post production of instructional video modules, including recording, editing and management of video content and workflows, using latest equipment and software, including Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, 4K video.
- Liaise with faculty, students, and researchers in the development, production and post-production of instructional video for online learning.
- Work closely with the Research and Instructional Technology Services (RITS) team to develop methods and workflow in the curation of instructional video as well as
- techniques and workflow in the production and post-production cycle.
- Work under tight deadlines throughout the day, handling multiple projects. Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Assist NYU Shanghai in developing video production workflows, process’ and strategies for online learning, with an emphasis on the use of current and emerging technology and
- techniques including day-to-day use of recording equipment, lighting, editing and innovative software components, such as in-video assessment and video annotation.
- Evaluate current instructional video technologies and trends relevant to online learning; provide technical support for video production and development; research and make recommendations for studio hardware and software
- Deliver training in video tools and services. Identify, analyze, and evaluate training needs. Arrange facilities and materials as required.
- Manage video content, equipment, studio materials and keeping up-to-date with instructional standards of quality, timeliness, and satisfaction.
- Ensure technical competence through ongoing professional development.
- May need to work on weekend and evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.