We are seeking a socially-conscious bridge-builder who is passionate about service learning and experiential learning to coordinate community-engaged learning initiatives and programs. This individual will work closely with students, faculty, staff, and community organizations in designing learning experiences and resources that connect them with opportunities to engage in reciprocal learning experiences in Shanghai, China, and globally. The Community Engaged Learning Coordinator will report to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs overseeing community-engaged learning. The role is based in Shanghai.
The main responsibilities include:
o Research best practices and apply them to the development of strategy and initiatives for community-engaged learning activities and programs.
o Identify and vet potential community partners, understanding their needs and circumstances and matching them with the resources and needs within NYU Shanghai.
o Assist faculty and staff in developing, implementing, and coordinating meaningful partnerships with community organizations, including assisting with course administration, event planning, and facilitation of student learning as appropriate.
o Collect and analyze data and create metrics to evaluate the processes of community-engaged learning programs.
o Write reports and grant proposals for external and funding audiences.
o Create and maintain relevant systems and records.
o Process relevant transactions and reimbursements.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Master’s degree with a history of strong leadership and participation in experiential and service learning.
• Experience working in and/or deep understanding of social organizations and non-profit sector in China.
• Experience working in schools (higher education preferred).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Portfolio of work demonstrating expertise in project management, curriculum development, teaching or facilitation.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
• Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is strongly preferred.
Should you have any inquiries or encounter any technical problems during the application process, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject to be: Apply for (position title) - your full name.