The Academic Affairs Coordinator is an integral member of the NYU Shanghai Academic Affairs team and plays a key role in enhancing the operations of Academic Affairs in NYU’s global network. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs overseeing Global Affairs, s/he will be required to maintain a detailed understanding of NYU Shanghai’s curriculum and how it can be pursued at NYU’s campuses and global academic centers in order to facilitate planning and processes that promote the smooth circulation of students between Shanghai and NYU study away sites. The Coordinator will be tasked with institutional research projects to analyze data related to enrollment, study abroad, and student learning to inform and assess program planning and implementation. The Coordinator also works with the Assistant Dean to provide academic affairs support for NYU Shanghai needs in Shanghai and in facilitating various administrative processes.
The main responsibilities include:
- Assist with global course registration process in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office, Advising Office, New York Site Director, and the Office of Global Programs.
- Create and distribute newsletters for NYU Shanghai students studying away
- Assist with preparing and facilitating pre-departure orientations for Shanghai portal students
- Maintain pertinent student information in the University student information system and other relevant databases and records.
- Maintain the most up to date tracking list shared with multiple offices across NYU Shanghai and NYU New York of where NYU Shanghai students are studying away each term taking into account site changes and cancellations.
- Respond to email inquiries sent to the office email alias
- Coordinate the review and approval of courses between Shanghai, New York, and Abu Dhabi for the purposes of determining course equivalencies, degree fulfillment, and course substitutions.
- Assist in developing study abroad curricular pathways in various majors.
- In consultation and cooperation with relevant offices, assist in developing integrated and holistic advising processes and systems that guide students in their study abroad academic planning and learning.
- Work with the International Education and Special Programs team to educate the university community on the study away experience in Shanghai and to increase interest in Shanghai as a study away site.
- Survey students about their international education experiences and analyze results.
- Conduct research with student academic data to inform policy and curricular decisions, including analyzing enrollment trends, study abroad trends, and assessment of the impact of study abroad.
- Assists the Manager of Global Affairs and the Academic Advising team with advising Shanghai and study away students as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.