The Coordinator of Employer Relations will primarily manage career programs, marketing and employer relations for the NYU Shanghai Career Development Center. The Coordinator will liaise with both Chinese and global employers to set up strong relations with the university for internships, year-long engagement, and ultimately full-time employment for students upon graduation. The Coordinator will market and implement career related programing for NYU Shanghai students and gather data to evaluate program effectiveness.
The NYU Shanghai Career Development Center (CDC) aims to provide comprehensive career guidance to the entire student body. We collaborate with employers, alumni, and organizations to provide a range of resources and opportunities for students to achieve personal and professional success.
The main responsibilities include:
- Employer Outreach/Management: Develop outreach and maintenance plan to attract and maintain Chinese and multinational employer relations and build a large network of employer contacts for the NYU Shanghai Career Development Center.
- CareerNet: Manage NYU Shanghai CareerNet, an online platform on which employers can post internship/job opportunities and track applicants.
- Campus Recruitment Programs: Organize programs that will allow employers to hold presentations, conduct interviews, and connect with students on campus for internships or full-time employment upon graduation.
- Employer Communication: Serve as a primary contact person for all employers, supporting their job postings, campus engagement initiatives and any questions or concerns throughout the academic year.
- Career Fairs: Plan and execute bi-annual career fairs. These large-scale, public-facing events include marketing, logistics, staff management and extensive follow-up and evaluation.
- Employer Engagement: Plan and implement a variety of employer engagement events throughout the year including company visits, industry panels, networking events, employer open house, etc.
- Program Assessment: Develop and implement regular assessments to evaluate programming effectiveness.
- Social Media: Develop marketing strategy and compose content for promoting the Career Development Center to students and other target audiences through platforms such as OrgSync, WeChat, MailChimp, etc. on a regular basis.
Student Development( 25%):
- Industry Speaker Series: Plan, market, and implement a series of industry expert speaker sessions to share frontier industry trends and professional knowledge with students.
- Professional competitions: Work closely with employers and students to plan and promote various employer competitions that aid in student development; work closely with faculty members to coach students to excel in national and international competitions.
- Resume Books: Conduct annual resume collection for senior students and generate industry-oriented books for employers in identifying potential talents.
- Opportunity Survey: Conduct annual opportunity survey for all students to capture valid data of their extracurricular activities, such as internship, volunteering, research, etc.
- Career Coaching: This role also has exposure to working with students by providing career guidance on resumes and cover letters during weekly walk-in hours, with the opportunity to develop further career coaching skills
Manage budget and finances of employer-related events, develop strong relationship with all vendors, work with different departments, staff and faculty across NYU Shanghai. Support administrative duties and new initiatives that may arise throughout the year for the Career Development Center.