This full-time, university staff position will work with different function units within student life office to provide comprehensive programs and support to students who are living off campus and in the Non-campus residences. This position will educate students about university policies and local ordinances, and promote civic citizenship to create a positive quality of off campus life.
The main responsibilities include:
Off campus Living support
- Serve as principal liaison between students living off campus and University regarding non-academic issues.
- Develop and maintain informational resources for off campus students to be maintained on the NYU Shanghai website and at the front desk of the student life office.
- Create and implement orientation sessions for all students living off campus for their education regarding regulations, policies, and impacts of students in the neighborhood.
- Communicate essential information to students living off campus, including program information and security alert notices.
- Oversee the off campus registration process, including the off campus waiver process and local police registration process. Work closely with Residential life team and Mobility team to make sure students comply with the off campus living policy.
Non Campus Living Support
- Serve as the Non campus residence hall director, supervising 4 Residence Assistants(RA). Participate in the RA selection and training. Have regular meetings with RA and conduct RA performance evaluation.
- Provide holistic supervision of the Non-campus residence hall; providing to support to student in building, handling all facility related issues, and hearing tower specific conduct cases.
- Oversee the non campus residence hall programming and operations
- Collaborate with non campus residence hall management team to ensure housing facilities are well maintained. Serve as chief liaison with non-campus management team on all issues.
- Serve on the pro-staff on duty crisis response team to support situations and emergencies requiring immediate professional staff attention.
- Manage crisis response process for non campus and off campus students.
- Manage housing invoices and ensure appropriate payments are facilitated.
- Collaborate with Residential life team to provide housing program and support to short term students.
- Manage all outside vendors hired to do work on the Residence Hall
- Oversee the office of student life reception operation, supervising the student front desk workers.
- Manage office of student life shared spaces including storage room, office supplies closet, pantry area and other shared spaces.
- Develop and maintain informational resources for students to be maintained at the front desk of the student life office.
- Manage Residential Life financials through Workday
- Receive incoming student questions and offer general assistance to portal and study away students.
- Support campus partners through serving on committees and providing support for various Residential Life and/or Student Life initiatives.
- Provide administrative support to other Residential Life Staff members as needed.
- Attend all Residential Life meetings and all staff meetings.
- Assist in the management of the housing system (Starrez) for the Non-campus residence. This includes: housing assignments, room changes, and billing.
- Run report and data management to assist with strategic and data driven decision making for the Non-campus register.
- Continue to develop the off campus and non campus application processes. Make recommendations for system improvement when applicable.
- Assist on any Residential Life projects as necessary.
- Handle student crisis situations during office hours as needed.
- Interpret university policies and guidelines.
- Manage crisis response follow up as it pertains to non-campus students.