The Interactive Media Arts (IMA) Program is focused on exploring the expressive possibilities brought about by emerging forms of technology. Through a rigorous project-based curriculum IMA students work with both hardware and software to develop experimental physical and screen-based interactive works. The IMA Studio is where students build these works.
The IMA Studio is comprised of several spaces: the Main Studio, Classrooms, Digital Fabrication Lab, Wood Shop, and Equipment Service Center, etc.
The IMA Studio Associate will assist and support all aspects of the IMA Studio, equipment and resources under the supervision of the IMA Studio Manager to ensure smooth and safe operations for both students and faculty.
The main responsibilities include:
- Under the supervision of the IMA Studio Manager support the daily operation of the Interactive Media Arts (IMA) Studio services from Monday to Friday during routine hours, as well as occasional additional events.
- Assist IMA Studio Manager in the daily maintenance of a clean, well-organized, and safe work space.
- Day to day support of the IMA equipment service center, system, and related resources. Equipment includes digital media equipment such as cameras and laptops, as well as hand tools, and electronic components, etc.
- Responsibility for the service, maintenance, and inventory of all IMA equipment on a regular basis.
- Assist IMA Studio Manager and faculty in procurement.
- Work with IMA faculty/students in training and use of IMA equipment and resources.
- Assist IMA Studio Manager in the daily classroom support.
- Work closely and cooperate with different departments as well as third party vendors to support/meet IMA operational requirements, and institutional asset management. Eg. Facilities, IT, Finance, Asset Management, Procurement, vendors, etc.