The Research Coordinator will support the Office of Research’s research functions, in particular research compliance. She/he will assist in updating and translating research related guidance and guidelines, and record and maintain minutes for research compliance related meetings. She/he will also support the human subjects research protection program to ensure completion of IRB review process prior to conducting research at NYU Shanghai. She/he may be assigned to support research grants when needed. The Research Coordinator will report to the Research Compliance Manager.
- In conjunction with senior members in the Office of Research, update and translate research related guidance and guidelines;
- Attend research compliance related meetings, including IRB meetings; record and maintain meeting minutes and translation may be required;
- Provide guidance and assistance to investigators regarding the procedural requirements of the NYU Shanghai Institutional Review Board (IRB);
- Act as the main point of contact for inquiries into the research compliance office and provide information on the status of studies, with some ability to cite relevant regulations, policy requirement and advice regarding what may be needed for IRB review and forwards more complex issues to the Research Compliance Manager for resolution;
- Intake of IRB applications, and conduct administrative review of protocols to ensure overall protocol completeness and to ensure appropriate protocol routing; may conduct pre-review of less complex protocols as assigned;
- Correspond with investigators, communicating IRB determinations and actions to investigators and requesting additional information needed before approval can be considered;
- Prepare IRB meeting agendas and meeting logistics for studies requiring full committee review, including distributing study reviewer packets to IRB members;
- Assist in implementing and migrating data to the electronic submission system; and provide assistance to investigators and IRB members on the use the system for IRB applications and reviews;
- Responsible for tracking IRB applications and other relevant activities and metrics, and developing reports to provide management insights on research as requested;
- Conduct monitoring of NYU Shanghai IRB approved human research projects;
- Learn and become familiar with all relevant aspects of human research protection at NYU Shanghai; and maintain currency of knowledge of evolving regulations, policies and ethical norms that are applicable to human research activities through continuous professional development;
- Other tasks as assigned.