The Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for the intercollegiate, intramural, recreational, and fitness programs, facilities, and activities for NYU Shanghai. The Associate is primarily responsible for the oversight, management and facilitation of the Student Fitness Center and recreational and fitness programs and workshops. Additionally, the Associate will partner closely with the NYU Shanghai Student Health Center to implement a series of wellness programs. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required.
The main responsibilities include:
- Manage the fitness center facility, including inspection of all equipment to ensure safety and cleanliness;
- Provide professional guidance to students on how to properly and safely use the facilities and do exercises;
- Mentor and supervise student workers and Fitness Center receptionist;
- Teach at least two fitness classes each week for students;
- Coordinate recreational classes, including weekly dance, yoga, and fitness classes etc.;
- Track and report usage statistics and other significant data to evaluate and develop fitness programming;
- Create marking and promotion activities for fitness programs and services;
- Support aspects of the all Athletic programs and services, including managing athletic games and events, arranging for facilities, officials, security, half-time and postgame activities, emergency medical arrangements, travel and other elements of quality event management;
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of athletic organizations of which the institution is affiliated with;
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior;
- Perform special assignments and projects as assigned.