This position provides critical support to successfully develop and maintain successful donor relations at NYU Shanghai. Further, the role provides oversight of the delivery of the donor funds to Chinese student’s financial aid awards, ensuring appropriate allocation and compliance practices. The person in this position serves as a liaison to University Development Office and oversees communications to potential donors, current donors, students, and provides affiliated reporting. The person in this position needs to establish applicable policy and procedure with internal offices critical to process such as Admissions, Financial Aid (Global Financial Support), Bursar, and the Budget Office.
The main responsibilities include:
- Establish and Execute Gift Agreement Practice and Procedure:
With Director of Development at NYU Shanghai, provides support for donor proposals and gift agreement development:
- Model potential fund expenditures to ensure gift will provide adequate student support
- Validate scholarship restrictions requested by donor (in compliance with applicable regulations and criteria
- Scholarship awards process:
- Works with Budget and Financial Planning to budget and confirm donor funds for spending
- Monitors spending to ensure that funds are spent within established budget
- Monitors timing of awards to ensure UDAR able to report to donors appropriately
- Ensures award comply with donor and University restrictions and intent and provide guidance to determine application and selection process
- Assists in obtaining profile and thank you messages from students
- Corresponds with students to answer specific donor related inquiries
- Communicates planning and transactions with Global Financial Support Team and Bursar to ensure consistent delivery and appropriate eligibility
- Provide data for funds/gifts with special reporting requirements (Corporate & Foundation gifts, donors that have requested monitoring of GPA or other eligibility requirements, etc.)
- Coordinate with Institutional Research and NYU Shanghai Development to provide and maintain approved financial aid/admission statistics and help identify student stories for use by UDAR in donor proposals, cases for support, impact reports and other fundraising materials.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a catalog of pre-approved scholarship funding opportunities –work with UDAR team in NY and Shanghai to ensure catalog reflects current funding opportunities based on current needs and common donor interests.
- Coordinate with Enrollment Management’s Director of Compliance and Shanghai Administration to ensure compliance with FERPA, Higher Ed Act, Title IV and/or other applicable local/regional/national Chinese regulations.