This position collaborates with technology staff in NYU Shanghai to identify, develop, implement and support appropriate technology solutions for teaching, learning and research on behalf of faculty, student and staff clients; supports technology equipment, facilities, programs, training and other services in the information technology, in classrooms and throughout the NYU Shanghai community.
Help foster a responsive and adept technical support structure to promote the effective use of technology in teaching, learning and research; work both individually and as part of a diverse and distributed technology support team; actively develops partnerships with faculty and staff to understand their technology needs; have a specialty area such as presentation technology, digital media production, instructional technology, computer administration, live broadcasting and streaming etc. But will also develop a working knowledge and proficiency that spans the expertise of the entire team; supervise the activities of students and other part-time personnel.
Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
The main responsibilities include:
- Train and assist faculty, students and staff in the use of audio-visual presentation equipment, software and facilities.
- Train and assist faculty, students and staff in the use of audio and video conferencing equipment.
- Train and assist faculty, students and staff in the use of digital media production equipment and software.
- Provide audio-visual presentation and digital media production support for instructional and operational activities.
- Daily maintenance and service of audio-visual presentation equipment and digital media equipment and software.
- Advise faculty, students and staff on digital media production.
- Analyze and diagnose audio-visual presentation equipment issues, and initiate appropriate client response and technical corrective action.
- Analyze and diagnose computer software, hardware, network and initiate client response and technical corrective action. Page 2 of 2 Communicate with clients and peers politely and using the most effective method such as phone call, email or in-person.
- Create, update and maintain user documentation.
- Help install new audio-visual and digital media systems and equipment.
- Coordinate the repair of audio-visual equipment with external vendors; reconnect equipment after repair work has been completed.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and selection of new audio-visual presentation and digital media technologies.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and test of live broadcasting & streaming technology.
- Participate on special projects as directed.
- Some other work temporarily assigned by supervisor.