The Athletics Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for the intercollegiate, intramural, recreational, and fitness programs, facilities, and activities for NYU Shanghai. The Associate is primarily responsible for the oversight, management and facilitation of the Student Fitness Center and recreational and fitness programs. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required.
- Manage the fitness center facility, including inspection of all equipment;
- Mentor and supervise student workers;
- Assist the athletics manager in the management of athletic team and recreational fitness classes, including weekly dance, yoga, and strength conditioning classes;
- Teach at least two fitness classes each week for students;
- Create and implement team and individual strength, conditioning, and flexibility programs, including instruction and supervision of the training sessions;
- Coordinate travel for athletic games, events and activities;
- Administer the conduct of athletic games and events, arranging for facilities, officials, security, half-time and postgame activities, emergency medical arrangements, and other elements of quality event management;
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of athletic organizations of which the institution is affiliated with;
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior;
- Perform special assignments and projects as assigned.